Saturday, July 23, 2016

Kristen's interview with News.com.au



KRISTEN Stewart, 26, has experienced her fair share of heartbreak. “Oh my God. I’ve been destroyed! Totally, absolutely. And thank God too,” she tells news.com.au.

“I’m going to write a f**king self-help book,” she jokes.

“It sounds really obvious when it comes to heartbreak, but I would say, be in it, don’t ignore it. If you’re in pain, just be like, ‘Ow!’ You have to keep going, like, ‘One more time with feeling.’ Crazy. things happen and you can never anticipate how things are actually going to go down, but you need to not regret,” she says

“The worst thing that can happen is when people start shutting down, when people are jaded and messed up by it but it’s wrong to blame other people. You need to take responsibility for your own happiness and I think that’s where you should start because then you can be happy with someone else,” she says.

She adds, “Going through it is awful but every single minute I’ve spent dying has made my life so rich and I would not exchange feeling so much for feeling nothing.”

Stewart is in New York to promote her upcoming Woody Allen movie, Cafe Society, in which she plays the lead role of a woman in a love triangle between Jesse Eisenberg, her co-worker, and Steve Carell, her boss. Arguably, it’s her best role to date.

Like her character, Stewart knows what it’s like to find love in the workplace.

She says, “With my work and my life, there’s such a grey area. I don’t go to work and turn off my personal, you know what I mean?” I don’t go to an office, I don’t have a typical job, so I can’t really speak to that but I can definitely relate to feeling stimulated by who you’re working with and sort of being in this bubble where you have this developing relationship. That’s real.”

Now with the Twilight saga behind her, Stewart’s life as a constant media fixture is a little less pervasive.

“It’s calmed down,” she agrees. “That fervour isn’t really there any more, which is nice, but I don’t think about it a whole lot, honestly. Actually, I ran into [director of the first Twilight film] Catherine Hardwicke the other day.” She smiles. “That sent me back and it definitely brought back those memories.”

She may not always be in the spotlight’s glare these days but she is far from anonymous. In fact, the entrance to Soho’s Crosby Street Hotel, our interview venue, was swarmed by paparazzi and fans hoping to get a glimpse of Stewart as she arrived. Descended from a black Escalade, head down, she walked at a brisk pace into the lobby.

Has being one of the world’s most recognisable faces prevented her from participating in some of life’s most mundane activities? “Well, I’m not super sad about not being able to go to malls,” she smiles. That’s not a problem for me.”

Presumably, getting drunk in a bar would also be off-limits these days?

“No. I can still do that,” she laughs. “I’d like to be able to stare at everyone and not have them stare back at me. It would be nice to switch that because typically if I go out and if I look up and engage, it’s a whole thing so I have to not do that. And I love looking at people. That’s why I’m an actor. I’m obsessed with people and why they do stuff.”

Stewart is often admired for her edgy style, though in her personal life she keeps it simple and says her wardrobe is less impressive than we might assume. “I’ve kept a few dresses from the Met Ball, but typically, we give all the stuff back. It’s like lent,” she laughs.

“I don’t think you’d be impressed by my closet. I have an entire wall of sneakers, a rack of T-shirts, and one little section for Chanel. You could probably picture my closet, to be honest. Just many colours and iterations of sneakers, jeans and T-shirts.”

Cafe Society has garnered mixed reviews although there is already Oscar buzz about Stewart’s role as a woman who changes the course of her life when she chooses between two men.

On the subject of paths we cross as a consequence of the relationships we choose, she says, “I think about that stuff all the time. I mean, I think everyone does. It’s the most natural thing to wonder what could have been but I’m pretty happy with where I’m at.”

Source/Via

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this?